Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sox from a Tiger fan

I received a PWE from Dennis over at “Too Many Verlanders” and his best blog “Too Many Manninghams”.  This was a nice surprise because he knows I’m not really buying any cards other than pc stuff and don’t really trade anymore so when guys like Dennis send me a PWE, they do it with the understanding that they probably won’t get anything back, or at least not for some time.  Which makes me appreciate the packages even more.  But enough chatting, let’s check out what he sent me.

John Danks

John Danks – 2013 Topps #150

The only Chicago White Sox of the package that’s still with the team.  Although 2 of the other 3 are retired so there’s that.  He’s struggled the last few years but as of right now, he’s over .500 for the first time since 2010.

Carlos Quentin

Carlos Quentin – 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom #128

This would be the 1 guy still playing, although he’s with the San Diego Padres now.  I liked him with the Sox but he struggled to stay on the field because of injuries.

Jermaine Dye

Jermaine Dye – 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom #69

Our 2005 World Series MVP.  The picture is of the perforated edition but Dennis sent me the base card.  COMC didn’t have that one listed so I used this one.

Jim Thome

Jim Thome – 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom perforated #189

This one is actually the perforated card.  I said he was no longer on the Sox but I do believe he is in the system somewhere, I want to say in the front office.

To see the rest of the cards he sent me, check them out here.

Big thanks to Dennis for the cards.  Be sure to check him out at Too Many Verlanders and check out the rest of the cards he sent me at Too Many Manninghams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.