Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday–2x3 Heroes week

Tuesday – Team collectionsWednesday – Vintage collection (80’s).  Thursday – Vintage collection (70’s).  Friday – Player collections.

2 by 3 Heroes week continues with todays Vintage collection hook-ups.  The majority of what Jeff sent me were for the vintage collection.

2x3-vintage1987

1987 Topps – lots and lots of Topps

I know these don’t look like much to you but it was awesome to see this many cards that I needed.  It actually put the 1987 Topps set at 49.75% completed.  With a few more that I got on Ebay, that set is now over 50% which makes the 3rd set of the vintage collection to reach that mark, the other 2 are the (1981 Topps set and the 1973 Topps set).

2x3-vintage1986f

1986 Fleer – Danny Jackson and Tim Stoddard

A couple of 1986 Fleer, which I love seeing.  I might have mentioned how much I like the 80’s fleer sets.

2x3-vintage1986

1986 Topps – a bunch including Don Mattingly and a Pete Rose.

1986 is my 5th closest set completed in the vintage collection but it’s only at 13.26% completed so all of these definitely helped.  Especially with a Hall of Famer and a should be Hall of Famer.

2x3-vintage1985

1985 Donruss – Rick Manning and Matt Young

A couple of 1985 Donruss that puts that set over 2% completed.  I have a little ways to go.

2x3-vintage1985f

1985 Fleer – Tim Flannery and Larry Milbourne

This set is under 2% completed but more fleer, yeah!

2x3-vintage1985t

1985 Topps – lots of cards

Now all of these 1985 cards were pretty awesome, as boring as this set can be, I always liked it.  All of these cards put it at over 11% completed.

2x3-vintage19842x3-vintage1984f

1984 Donruss – Tim Foli          1984 Fleer – Mike Vail

The Donruss card puts that set at 5.61% completed because I’ve gotten some of those through those 5 card lots.  The Fleer puts that set at 2.12% as I don’t have many of those.

2x3-vintage1984t

1984 Topps – You might recognize a couple of the names up there.

These 14 cards put me at just below 10% on the set.  Definitely a couple of big names up there with Rod Carew and Dale Murphy.

2x3-vintage1983f

1983 Fleer – Champ Summers, John Butcher, Guy Sularz, Bob Watson, Don Aase and Jim Wohlford

Have I mentioned how much I love the fleer sets.  These cards put me over 3%.  I was looking at my have list and was thinking maybe I like the fleer sets because they are numbered by teams.  I noticed that because I saw the 3 San Francisco Giants cards all lined up.  I knew they did it, I had just forgotten they did.

2x3-vintage1983

1983 Topps – Mike Scioscia

1 card from the Topps set but it’s a pretty good catcher in his day and a pretty good manager now.

2x3-vintage1982d

1982 Donruss – Enrique Romo, Tom Underwood, Claudell Washington, Doyle Alexander, Bob Forsch, Gary Lavelle and Marty Bystrom

These 7 cards put me at 30 for the set, which is equal to 4.55% completed.  2 more Giants cards, maybe Jeff has some love for them too.

2x3-vintage1982

1982 Fleer – Jack Clark, Larry Bradford and Ken Forsch

I love the fleer, although the pic of Clark is kind of funny considering he’s taking a strike.  Not exactly a flattering pose.

2x3-vintage1982t

1982 Topps – Damaso Garcia, John Montefusco and Mike LaCoss

These 3 cards from the hockey stick set puts me at just over 4% on the set.  I’m not sure why but when I see this set, I always picture a Toronto Blue Jay.

2x3-vintage1981d

1981 Donruss – 15 different cards.

Don’t think I didn’t notice that you sent me 4 Chicago Cubs (5 if you include the Martin where he’s in a Cubs uniform).  Your lucky I still need these for the sets.  These 15 cards over doubled the set from what I had.  It now stands at 4.3% completed.

2x3-vintage1981f

1981 Fleer – Bill Madlock, Fred Norman, Larry Christenson, Steve Kemp, Bill North and Harry Spilman

These 6 fleer cards put me at 10 cards for the set.  I didn’t have too many, 4 to be exact, but I’m over 1.5% now.  I have a little ways to go.

2x3-vintage1981

1981 Topps – Randy Moffitt

Here, Jeff hit another set with over 50%.  Of course, I’ve been working on it for a lot longer.  This card is my 515th card of the set for just under 71% of the set.

2x3-vintage1980

1980 Topps – Roger Freed

The last set of the 80’s for today.  This 1 card is my 36th of the set for just under 5%.

Be sure to come back tomorrow to see all the cards that Jeff sent me from the 1970s and go check out his blog at 2 by 3 Heroes.

1 comment:

  1. a) You did mention your love of Fleer. That's why I starting adding them to the boxes I send.

    b) You would be surprised the number of Giants I pull from the 100 count repack rack packs. If I get any team, it seems to be them. Or the Brewers. Too many of them

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.